The current versions of PM3 Firmware are as follows:
- Indoor rowers—The version you need depends on the age of your PM3, although the functionality is the same in each case. More info
Versions 108 and lower are for monitors with the original microprocessor. The microprocessor used in the original PM3s was discontinued by the manufacturer. In order to use a different microprocessor, Concept2 needed to redesign the PM3. The redesign did not alter functionality between PM3s using different microprocessors but did require a new firmware version.
The first PM3s to use the new microprocessor were put into circulation in September of 2008. These PM3s were released with PM3 Firmware Version 303. If your PM3 Firmware Version is 303 or higher, then PM3 Firmware Version 332 is the current version for your monitor. The firmware versions are not interchangeable. That is, Firmware Version 303–332 will not work on a PM3 with Firmware Version 108 and lower, and vice versa.
- Version 332 (released July 2018)
- Version 108 (released November 2012)
- SkiErgs—Version 732 (released July 2018)
Current firmware releases resolve many of the issues identified in earlier firmware versions. If you are not running the most current firmware, we recommend updating your monitor.
Timeline for Firmware Versions 303–332
- July 2018—PM3 Firmware Version 332 released. This version supports ErgData.
- September 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 314 released. This version contained added capabilities for the USB connection.
- November 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 311 released. This version contained:
- The new biathlon and undefined rest features.
- Japanese as a language option
- Changes to the Chinese language translations
- Fixes for the USB connection when using VMWare
- May 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 310 released. Version 310 fixes the problem where diagnostics were running when they shouldn't have.
- May 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 309 released. Version 309 contained the following changes:
- Enhancements to various error codes so the user is better informed about what went wrong
- Fix for erratic cursor on some screens
- New loader to improve reliability of firmware updates on some monitors
- Error codes 50–53 (drag factor) now prevented when doing fast arms-only work, provided those strokes are not the first few strokes of a workout or interval
- Venue Racing improvements for logging workouts and support for LogCards
- Automatic detection and repair of corrupt internal Log Memory
- Fix for the problem with diagnostics on some PM3 and PM3-SKI monitors
- Fix for the problem with false error codes (such as code 573 error) and some other erratic behaviors (for example, cursor not blinking or intervals not proceeding)
- February 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 308 released. In version 308, error code 50 was removed from PM3s for Models A, B, and C Indoor Rowers. For Model D and E Indoor Rowers, error code 50 was enhanced to provide the cause of the error, allowing for more accurate technical support.
- May 2009—PM3 Firmware Version 306 released. Version 306 contained the following changes:
- Translation and other typographical changes
- Drag factor correctly displays for very low drag
- Repeated bad drag factors will cause Code 50 error
- Fix for rare issue when coasting to the end of a piece and being left with 1m left on the display
- Prevent favorites from being corrupted when certain combinations of variable intervals are programmed and they exceed the storage capacity of the Favorites memory
- Improved false start reporting and some performance improvement for venue racing
- Fix for Leap Year bug
- Fix for problem with some monitors powering down when the LogCard is inserted
Note: Macintosh OSX users with HP printer software installed should upgrade to the latest firmware version. See PM3 Firmware Known Issues for more information.
- October 2008—PM3 Firmware Version 304 released. Version 304 remedies the issue where verification codes were incompatible with Concept2's Online World Ranking.
- September 2008, Initial Release—Version 303 shipped on all monitors containing the new microprocessor.
Timeline for Firmware Versions 108 and Lower
- November 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 108 released. This version supports ErgData.
- September 2012—Version 107 released. This version contained added capabilities for the USB connection.
- February 2010—Version 105 released. Version 105 contained a fix for the problem where code 42 errors were occurring when certain Help screens were accessed.
- January 2010—Version 104 released. Version 104 contained the following change:
- Error code 50 was removed from PM3s for Models A, B, and C Indoor Rowers. For Model D and E Indoor Rowers, error code 50 was enhanced to provide the cause of the error, allowing for more accurate technical support.
- November 2007—Production Version 101 released
- October 2007—Beta Version 99 updated and released
- September 2007—Beta Version 99 released
- July 2006—Version 97 released
- November 2005—Version 90 shipped on all PM3s
- July 6, 2004 to November 22, 2005—Version 82 shipped on all PM3s
- July 2004 and earlier—Version 61 shipped on all PM3s
Timeline for Firmware Versions 732
- July 2018—PM3 Firmware Version 732 released.
- November 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 708 released. Version 708 contained support for ErgData.
- September 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 707 released. Version 707 contained added capabilities for the USB connection.